1) Contestants are Maui County students (Grades K - 12).
2) Completed hand drawn work (not computer generated) on paper. May not exceed 8-1/2” x 11” (must fit into a sheet protector). No frames or mounted pieces. No names may be visible on front of artwork.
3) Mediums allowed are:
|Colored Pencil||Chalk Pastels||Crayons|
4) All contestants may enter only ONE entry.
5) Entry must have a completed official entry form, with disclaimer form (parental signatures are required) taped to the back of the artwork to be accepted. Entries will not be accepted if the form is not completed as indicated with proper signatures.
6) Mail entries to:
Japanese Cultural Society of Maui,
PO Box 5090,
Kahului, HI 96733
Entries must be postmarked no later than September 10, 2021.
* Entries may be dropped off at Housemart Ben Franklin store at Queen Kaahumanu Center by 9/10/21
Other drop off options are being considered and will be announced after being confirmed.
7) All entries will be posted online at the Maui Matsuri website, with select entries to be posted on Facebook and Instagram.
8) Judging will be completed by September 15, 2021. Winners will be announced at a Maui Matsuri event, date to be determined.
9) First place winning artwork will be featured at the Ben Franklin Store at Queen Ka’ahumanu Center for a week after the event. These entries will be mailed back to the winning artist. Please supply a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of artwork. Artwork will not be returned if an envelope is not provided.
10) Submissions will be judged in four age divisions (grade as of September 10,2021):
|Grade/ Division||1st Place Prize||2nd Place Prize|
|Grade K - 2||$25||$15|
|Grade 3 - 5||$50||$25|
|Grade 6 - 8||$75||$50|
|Grade 9 - 12||$100||$75|