15th Annual Art Contest
Sponsored by HouseMart Ben Franklin Crafts/Ace Hardware
Location: Pilina Building-Student Lounge
Entry & Submission Criteria (Download Contest Criteria)
- Contestants are Maui County students.
- Completed hand drawn work (not computer generated) on paper. May not exceed 8-1/2” x 11”. No frames or mounted pieces. No names on front of artwork.
- All mediums are allowed – pencil, colored pencil, pen, etc.
- All contestants may enter only ONE entry.
- Each entry must have a completed official entry form, with disclaimer form (parental signatures are required), taped to the back of the artwork to be accepted. Entries will not be accepted if the form is not completed as indicated with proper signatures.
- Entries will be accepted
a) at the Queen Ka’ahumanu Center HouseMart Ben Franklin Craft Store, HouseMart Ace Hardware locations in Kihei, Pukalani, and Lahaina until May 15, 2019
b) by mailing to Japanese Cultural Society of Maui, PO Box 5090, Kahului, HI 96733. Entries must be postmarked by May 15, 2019
c) at the Art Exhibit at the Maui Matsuri festival between 1:00pm and 2:30pm. (Pilina Building Student Lounge)
- Judging will begin promptly at 3:00pm at the festival. Winners will be announced at the Entertainment Stage at 4:00pm.
- First place winning artwork will be featured at the Ben Franklin Store at Queen Ka’ahumanu Center for a week after the event. These entries will be mailed back to the winning artist. All other artwork should be picked up at the exhibit area at 6:00pm, otherwise supply a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of artwork. Artwork will not be returned if an envelope is not provided.
- Submissions will be judged in four age divisions: Grade K – Grade 2, Grade 3 – Grade 5, Grade 6 – Grade 8, Grade 9 – Grade 12
Prize Structure( in each category)
|Grade Division||1st Place Prize||2nd Place Prize||3rd Place|
|Grade K - Grade 2||$25||$15||$10|
|Grade 3 - Grade 5||$50||$25||$15|
|Grade 6 - Grade 8||$75||$50||$25|
|Grade 9 - Grade 12||$100||$75||$50|